New charges for Prokop
OCG leader Mikhail Prokopyev is convicted only on key counts of his criminal activity.
With regard to durante vita convicted Mikhail Prokopyev it may be initiated new criminal proceedings. Previously, investigators have investigated only the key episodes of the criminal activity of the Prokopovskie OCG leader, says attorney Ian Chebotarev, whose defendant is one of the victims of gang activities.
"Nobody says that Prokopovskie OCG has on its conscience only 5 dead and 7 attempts," - said Ian Chebotarev on the radio station Echo of Moscow in Kirov.
According to him, in 2017, investigators will be engaged in the investigation of new counts.
As the CrimeRussia previously reported, December 28, the Kirov region court sentenced Mikhail Prokopyev to life imprisonment and a fine of 1 million rubles. The investigators and the court found that Prokopyev organized a gang, which included at least 20 people; it was engaged in racketeering of businessmen and was at war with rivals. The OCG was operating in the region from 1993 to 2004. As a result of its criminal activity, Prokopovskie committed more than a dozen murders and attacks on members of rival gangs and businessmen, who refuse to pay. Prokop is regarded the organization of a criminal community, involvement in the murder of eight people and attempted on another three, as well as an illicit trafficking in arms and ammunition. His victims were leader of another gang Roman Gorodchikov, entrepreneur Evgeny Elkin, director of the PSF Ajax Pavel Senin, director of the tea-packing factory Igor Gaydash, General Director of the commercial center Vyatka Anatoly Gorbushin, as well as other participants in the Kirov OCG.