Ronaldo not be prosecuted in sexual assault case

Ronaldo not be prosecuted in sexual assault case

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, had alleged that the Juventus player raped her at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo will not face charges over rape of Kathryn Mayorga, Associated Press reports.

In a statement on Monday, Las Vegas prosecutors said the claims could not "be proven beyond a reasonable doubt." Еhe victim reported an assault in 2009 but refused to state where it had happened or who the attacker was. As a result, police were unable "to conduct any meaningful investigation."

Ronaldo’s lawyer, Peter Christiansen, said earlier that Ronaldo and Mayorga had sexual contact in 2009. However, there was no rape. Mayorga claimed that Ronaldo had raped her in a hotel in Las Vegas. The footballer denied the charges.

Discuss

Recommended

1 / 3