Chinese girl dies trying to repeat experiment on YouTube

Chinese girl dies trying to repeat experiment on YouTube

The girls caught fire and received severe burns. Zhezhe died in a hospital, her friend managed to survive and had to undergo a surgery.

A teenage girl from China died trying to make popcorn in accordance with an instruction she saw on YouTube.

The video posted by Ms Yeah user shows a girl putting corn grains in a Pepsi metal can, and then heating it with a burner. Zhezhe, 14, and her friend Xiaoyu tried to repeat this experiment. The teenagers did not have an alcohol lamp, so they poured alcohol into another jar and tried to heat it.

Suddenly, a spark fell into the can with fuel, which led to a strong explosion. The girls caught fire and received severe burns. Zhezhe died in a hospital, her friend managed to survive and had to undergo a surgery. The blogger has already said that she is ready to pay compensation to the family of the deceased schoolgirl.

Tags: China
Discuss

Recommended

1 / 3