Russian Penitentiary Service denies transfer of Sentsov in resuscitation department
The Sentsov's state of health is assessed as satisfactory.
The Yamal-Nenets Department of the Federal Penitentiary Service (FSIN) stated that Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsov, who is serving a 20-year sentence in the Polar Bear colony, is placed in the medical unit of the IK, not in the intensive care hospital in Labytnangi, as claimed by the Ukrainian media with reference to cousin of the director Natalia Kaplan, Interfax reports.
According to the press bureau of the Federal Penitentiary Service for the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, Sentsov’s current state of health is assessed as satisfactory; he is placed in the medical unit of the colony, “fully keeps the treatment and nutrition recommended by medical specialists.”
Earlier, the Ukrainian media said that Sentsov was put in intensive care "due to the irreversible effects of the hunger strike."
The Commissioner for Human Rights of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Lyudmila Denisova, reported that she had talked about this with her Russian counterpart, Tatyana Moskalkova, who did not confirm Sentsov’s sister information about the transfer of her brother to intensive care. At the same time, the speaker of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Mariana Betsa, wrote in social networks that the Foreign Ministry is demanding from the Russian authorities to allow Ukrainian doctors and the consul to Sentsov.
Sentsov held a hunger strike in the colony for 145 days and agreed to terminate it from October 6 because of the threat of forced feeding, which is torture, his lawyer Dmitry Dinze reported. Deputy Director of the Federal Penitentiary Service of the Russian Federation Valery Maksimenko told reporters on October 5 that Sentsov agreed to eat, and "the best Moscow nutritionists have developed a special diet for him to take him out of the hunger strike."
In August 2015, he was sentenced to 20 years in a strict regime colony on charges of organizing the Right Sector subversive group (an extremist organization banned in Russia) and carrying out terrorist acts in the Crimea.
The official car of former Deputy Head of Roskomnadzor and now Deputy Head of the Department of Project Activities of the Government of the Russian Federation, Maksim Ksenzov, tried to ram two foreign cars, after which an unknown person, who jumped out of the third car, crashed the car mirrors and beat up his driver.
The owner of the Norebo Group, Vitaly Orlov, seems to be having more problems every day. No sooner had he been recognized as Russia’s richest fishing industrialist with a net worth of over $1 billion that he got bombarded with lawsuits and criminal cases. So far, they have only been coming from his former business partner. However, taking into account all the new facts that indicate some opaque business practices at best, the authorities may take some issues with the billionaire as well, since there have been discrepancies in the figures of the fish supplied abroad, the prices, and the final profit, which may indicate attempted tax avoidance.
Crimea faces storm again. Sergey Aksenov may lose his post. Perhaps, he decided to play it safe and arrange a public scandal – his appointee to the Head of the Simferopol administration post. It is believed that Igor Lukashev and his seven deputies were allegedly dismissed due to the significant number of complaints from citizens about the traffic collapse, the poor state of road maintenance and cleaning of the city. The CrimeRussia tries to find out the real reason for the resignation of the Simferopol administration.