Russian censor spares Youtube despite failure to remove Navally's investigation
The management of Google, which owns YouTube, is inclined to restrict access to the video only after considering the Deripaska's claim in court.
The Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology, and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) will not block access to YouTube, which refuses to delete the video of Alexey Navalny's investigation about billionaire Oleg Deripaska. According to Head of the department Alexander Zharov, the matter is settled.
The management of Google, which owns YouTube, is ready to restrict access to video only after considering the Deripaska's claim in court, Zharov adds.
Zharov does not specify why Roskomnadzor does not block YouTube as provisional measures for the claim, as it was done with the website of Navalny. Under the Russian law, provisional measures are sufficient to apply pre-trial blocking.
On February 8, Navalny published an investigation in which he told that Deripaska was resting on a yacht along with Vice-Premier Sergei Prikhodko. The oppositionist called a joint vacation a form of a bribe given to the high-ranking official.
The next day, Deripaska filed a lawsuit in the Ust-Labinsky City Court of the Krasnodar region demanding to restrict access to the investigation, as his personal data were disclosed there. The court immediately took provisional measures to prohibit access; the suit is scheduled for consideration in March.
On February 15, Roskomnadzor blocked the site of Navalny, who refused to remove the investigation. Instagram deleted publications that Navalny used for his investigation. YouTube offered Navalny to remove the video about Deripaska, but it is still available.
The widow of former State Duma deputy Denis Voronenkov told about SMS from her former civil husband, whom the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine considers the mastermind of the Voronenkov’s murder.
Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said that following the results of the summit in Brussels, the leaders of the EU countries decided to recall the Ambassador to Russia for Brussels summit. Earlier this was reported by Reuters sources.