Police detained third suspect in case of wrestler Yury Vlasko's murder

Police detained third suspect in case of wrestler Yury Vlasko's murder
Yury Vlasko

32-year-old man fired from a traumatic pistol during a mass brawl.⁠

Another participant in the conflict, which resulted in the death of Russian wrestler Yury Vlasko, was detained in Buryatia. As reported by the Investigative Committee, the detainee was a 32-year-old man whose name is not disclosed. He is a friend of the young men who opened fire from his Grand Power T12-F traumatic gun at the people on the scene during a fight, and then threatened with weapons to two police officers who tried to detain him.

Recall, master of sports in freestyle wrestling Yury Vlasko was killed on the shore of Lake Baikal in the early morning of July 29. The incident occurred near the village of Goryachinsk in the Pribaikalsky district of Buryatia, where the wrestler was resting with his friends. The Vechorka regional newspaper wrote that on the eve of a mass brawl Vlasko vowed to take revenge on the gangsters from the Metsenatovskie gang for the death of his father Vladimir Vlasko. 'Authoritative' businessman Vlasko Sr., known under the nickname Volodya Khokhol, was shot at the entrance of his house in 2010. The edition put forward a version of the possible killing of the athlete by criminals. However, the investigation denied the ordered character of Yury Vlasko's murder.

According to investigators, on the night of July 29, one of the athlete's friends began to molest a girl in a disco, but her boyfriend saw it and decided to pick a fight with a man. After a fistfight, Vlasko’s friend decided to call his allies for help, including Yury, who at that time was already sleeping. The wrestler began to talk with the company of the offended girlfriend. However, during the conversation, two men attacked the athlete. One of them inflicted a blow to the athlete with a knife in the supraclavicular area, and the second blew him with a metal rod on the head. Then the first of the attackers took a stone from the water and struck them on the head of the victim. From the received wounds 20-year-old Yury Vlasko died on a spot.

The investigators found all the weapons of murder: the armature was buried in the ground; the divers from Baikal found the knife. There were also found and seized shell cases and a pistol from which one of the participants of the conflict fired shots into the sand to distract attention. Law enforcement agencies have already detained two participants in the conflict - previously convicted men of 29 and 33 years. They are charged under part 2 of Article 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (Murder committed by a group of persons), and a preventive measure in the form of arrest has been chosen.



1 / 3