Moscow: suspect in incitement to riot on April 2 detained
Employees of the Investigative Committee detained a suspect in the calls for mass riots in Moscow. The name of the detainee, born in 1992, is still suppressed.
In Moscow, the suspect in the calls for organizing riots on April 2 was detained, according to the website of the Investigative Committee of Russia.
The department said that the detainee, a man born in 1992, on March 29 posted "text messages calling for extreme actions." Investigators conducted searches in the apartment of the detainee and seized computer equipment.
The man posted materials calling for riots in the center of Moscow, with the help of "special software" designed to "hide the traces of the presence on the Internet, namely using servers located on the territory of foreign states," the ICR stated, noting that the detainee acted under a pseudonym on the web.
All seized equipment is directed to complex computer and technical forensic examinations. The question of choosing a measure of restraint for the detainee has not yet been decided. A criminal case has been initiated against him.
As RBC previously wrote, calls for an unauthorized protest on April 2 in Moscow began spreading on the Internet immediately after the rally that took place on March 26.
The Interior Ministry said that it would take "all necessary measures" to ensure security in the city because of "spreading on the Internet" calls for a massive "unauthorized" actions. The day before, the Investigative Committee instituted criminal proceedings under the article Calls for Mass Riots (part 3, Article 212 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation).
On the afternoon of April 2, about 100-150 people gathered around Manezhnaya Square in Moscow, including a large number of journalists, the correspondent of RBC reported. By evening, the police detained more than 40 people. In total, 59 people were detained on that day, according to OVD-Info. The organizer of the action was not found. Ex-head of YUKOS and leader of the Otkrytaya Rossiya (Open Russia) movement Mikhail Khodorkovsky called this action "provocation", which was necessary in order to "snitch the protest."
Last year's wave of governors' resignations, which temporary termination was announced in November 2017 by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak, will resume soon after March 18. The CrimeRussia figures out who will lose governor's seat.
Viktor Trutnev is accused of complicity in the transfer of a bribe in the amount of $70.000 to law enforcement officials to "resolve the issue of termination of the criminal case" instituted against Transeco CEO Yuri Kornilov.