MMA Champion Murad Amriev released by Chechen security officials
However, the sportsman was banned from leaving the country.
MMA Fighter Murad Amriev, detained by the Chechen security officials for the use of forged document, has been released from custody.
"Murad Amriev is being released from custody. Our mission's done. The rest will depend on his will. This story has ended well," Human rights defender and Chairman of the Committee for the Prevention of Torture Igor Kalyapin told RBC.
Видео из Грозного с Мурадом Амриевым pic.twitter.com/Ai1KXb195M— Beslan Uspanov (@beslanu) 9 июня 2017 г.
Video from Grozny with Murad Amriev
Amriev has been released on his own recognizance, the Chechen police notes.
The sportsman himself declared to the press that he was 'all right.' He also noted that after the release from custody he would be at his sister's or cousin's.
Let us recall that June 4, 2017, the sportsman was detained in the Bryansk region; he was taken off the train Kiev-Moscow when trying to enter Russia from Ukraine. June 6, Amriev was released from a Bryansk temporary detention facility after the end of the 48-hour period. June 7, Amriev was detained at the Veselovka border crossing point when trying to enter Ukraine via Belarus. After that, the fighter was deported to Russia and handed over to the Chechen security forces.
As previously reported by the CrimeRussia, MMA Fighter Murad Amriev fled from Chechnya in 2013 after being tortured by Chechen policemen, who tried to secure false testimony against his brother Zurab. Police Chief of the capital of Chechnya Magomed Dashayev suspected Zurab of plotting his assassination. According to Murad, the Chechen security officials threatened him a ‘blood feud,’ so he was forced to hide abroad. He came to Russia to extend his visa.
Officially, the Chechen security officials persecute the MMA fighter for a typo in his passport, namely, the incorrectly specified year of birth. This document was issued to him by the republic’s officials. Amriev is charged with the use of a forged document (part 3 of Art. 327 of the Russian Criminal Code).
Despite the fact that 2 years have passed since the criminal disassembly that turned into a slaughterhouse, the exact picture of what happened at the Elements restaurant on December 14, 2015, is still uncertain. The investigation of criminal cases and a whole series of major detentions, which entailed events of that evening, continue to this day. None of those who were involved in extortion, shoot-out and the protection of criminals has not yet been convicted. The CrimeRussia reconstructs the chronicle of the events of that day on the information available in the public domain and video recordings from CCTV cameras.
In the request sent by the Dozhd TV channel, there were no documents confirming violations committed by deputy Alexey Yezubov, said Natalya Poklonskaya, the head of the State Duma's commission for the control of declarations.