Military Prosecutor's Office files lawsuit against company of 'Putin's chief'
If the Court finds the company guilty, it will face a fine in the amount of 500 thousand to 1 million rubles ($8,080 to 16,160) or an administrative termination of its activities for up to 90 days.
The Arbitration Court of the Belgorod region has received a statement of claim from the 56th Garrison Military Prosecutor's Office against Megaline LLC, which, according to the commercial case file, is related to St. Petersburg businessman Evgeny Prigozhin.
After considering the suit, the Court decided to accept the statement of the military department and initiate proceedings in the case.
According to the statement of 04.04.2018 number 1888 56, the Garrison Military Prosecutor's Office asks to prosecute Megaline LLC for violation of the established procedure for the construction, reconstruction, and overhaul of the capital construction site, as well as its commissioning (part 1 of Art. 9.5 of the Russian Code of Administrative Offences). This suit will be considered on May 11. If the Court finds the company guilty after an investigation, it will face a fine in the amount of 500 thousand to 1 million rubles or an administrative termination of its activities for up to 90 days. Director General of Megaline LLC, registered on Gelsingforsskaya Street of St. Petersburg, is Gennady Korupyatnik.
In 2015, it became known that the Russian side had launched the construction of a military base on the border with Ukraine. The company affiliated with Prigozhin had won a tender for the capital construction of military camp sites in the town of Valuyki, Belgorod region.
From the very beginning, the construction was surrounded by scandals. In the summer of 2016, a criminal case under “The illegal receipt of money by a person who discharges managerial functions in a profit-making or any other organization in connection with the official position held by this person” (part 3 of Art. 204 of the Russian Criminal Code) was initiated against construction project manager Andrey Schastkov. He was found guilty.
According to the investigation, in September 2015, Schastkov received an illegal monetary reward from a representative of Biznes Resurs LLC. It amounted to 125 thousand rubles ($2020). It is believed that this money was given to Schastkov for helping the company conclude a contract for the supply of rubble, as well as for assisting the company in the future.
An online petition has appeared in the name of Minister of Defense Shoigu, which said that after a series of strikes, Megaline LLC paid fees for work about a month and a half after its completion.
In 2017, the Federal Antimonopoly Service accused Megaline, EcoBalt, Ruskompleks, Komponet and Spetsresurs of violating the antimonopoly legislation at the Ministry of Defense. The FAS said that all these companies are related to Evgeny Prigozhin. All of them participated in the bidding from one IP-address belonging to the company Concord Management and Consulting LLC, the director general of which is Prigozhin.
The official car of former Deputy Head of Roskomnadzor and now Deputy Head of the Department of Project Activities of the Government of the Russian Federation, Maksim Ksenzov, tried to ram two foreign cars, after which an unknown person, who jumped out of the third car, crashed the car mirrors and beat up his driver.
The owner of the Norebo Group, Vitaly Orlov, seems to be having more problems every day. No sooner had he been recognized as Russia’s richest fishing industrialist with a net worth of over $1 billion that he got bombarded with lawsuits and criminal cases. So far, they have only been coming from his former business partner. However, taking into account all the new facts that indicate some opaque business practices at best, the authorities may take some issues with the billionaire as well, since there have been discrepancies in the figures of the fish supplied abroad, the prices, and the final profit, which may indicate attempted tax avoidance.
Crimea faces storm again. Sergey Aksenov may lose his post. Perhaps, he decided to play it safe and arrange a public scandal – his appointee to the Head of the Simferopol administration post. It is believed that Igor Lukashev and his seven deputies were allegedly dismissed due to the significant number of complaints from citizens about the traffic collapse, the poor state of road maintenance and cleaning of the city. The CrimeRussia tries to find out the real reason for the resignation of the Simferopol administration.