Medvedev evacuated from Skolkovo hall
The Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, together with the participants of the Forum Open Innovation in Skolkovo, was forced to evacuate from the hall, where the event took place.
The participants walked to the exit after the presenter of the event Ryan Chilcote called “to leave the premises for security reasons”. As the correspondent of Lenta.ru reported, the participants were taken away on the initiative of the FSO. In the main hall there was smell of burning.
The government press service has already given a comment on the situation to Interfax. Despite elimination of causes of fire on the upper floors of the Technopark, the plenary session "Open innovations" was suspended in order to ensure safety of its participants. The press service noted that the cause of fire was short circuit.
During the session, some technical problems took place: microphones turned off for 20 minutes, and then the lights were switched off.
The Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, the Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich, the Head of ROSNANO Anatoly Chubays, famous entrepreneurs and top managers of major international companies took part in the forum.
According to the Skolkovo Vice President Alexander Chernov, short circuit occurred in the sound equipment on the upper floors of the innovation center. It was caused by "self-start or speakers, or a problem with a cable," Chernov said.
At the moment, work of the forum is resumed, the session is underway.
Video: Medvedev and participants of the Skolkovo forum evacuated