Malobrodsky tells court about forgery in case of Sedmaya Studiya

Malobrodsky tells court about forgery in case of Sedmaya Studiya
Alexey Malobrodsky

The accused producer assured that the signature on the key document proving the charges against him had been forged.

The main producer of the Sedmaya Studiya (The Seventh Studio), Alexey Malobrodsky, said in court that he had not signed the agreement with IE Sinelnikov to cash out the money. The investigation considered this document to be the evidence of the defendant’s guilt.

“For example, I found in the indictment a letter from Mr. Sinelnikov, which was written to me in 2013, when I had already quit my job long ago. This is another forgery the investigation came up with to prove that I was associated with the Seventh Studio after 2012,” Mediazona quotes Malobrodsky.

According to the producer, he never signed an agreement with Sinelnikov, and the signature on the paper does not resembles his even remotely. He told about this at the investigation stage, but was denied the handwriting examination.

On November 13, 2018, in the Meshchansky District Court of Moscow, director Kirill Serebrennikov finished testifying in a case of embezzling 133 million rubles ($ 2 million) allocated to the Seventh Studio by the Ministry of Culture. Now, the court is interrogating Malobrodsky. The defendants in the case are also the former CEO of the Seventh Studio, Yuri Itin, the director of RAMT, Sofia Apfelbaum, and producer Yekaterina Voronova, who was placed on the international wanted list.

Discuss

Recommended

1 / 3