Magnitogorsk school and hospital evacuated over anonymous explosion threats
The city authorities called on people to “not give in to provocations or panic.”
Anonymous reports with explosion threats resulted in several medical and educational institutions evacuated in Magnitogorsk, reports Znak.com. A mass discharge from city hospital # 1 and the evacuation of school # 62 were reported, as well as quarantine and checks in a number of other medical establishments.
A screenshot of one of the threatening letters was published in the Chyornoye & Beloye Magnitogorsk page on VKontakte. The message says, “the authorities are unable to ensure people’s safety.” The anonymous people claim that they had “warned that there was a bomb in the building, but the authorities didn’t give a damn”. “Now we send you an electronic warning instead," said the letter. It also states that on January 21, “before sunset”, there will be several explosions in Magnitogorsk public places, writes Ura.ru.
The Chelyabinsk FSB office confirmed that the letters had been received and said that a check is being conducted. So far, dog handlers raided city hospital # 1 and did found nothing.
The city authorities called on people to “not give in to provocations or panic.” They said, “All Magnitogorsk services are quick to react, check and work on every message”.
On December 31, an explosion resulted in a collapsed entrance hall of an apartment building on Magnitogorsk Karl Marx Avenue. 39 people were killed. On January 18, the Islamic State claimed responsibility for what had happened but the Investigative Committee said the attack theory should be ignored.