Kremlin: teenage protesters were promised money
Russian President’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the Kremlin is aware of the facts of financial compensation for minors who participated in an anti-corruption rally organized by the Anti-Corruption Foundation.
Russian President’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the Kremlin knows about the facts of financial compensation to minors, who took part in an anti-corruption rally in Moscow, the RBC correspondent reports.
"There is information that the minor rally participants in Moscow in case of their detention by law enforcement officers were promised cash rewards," the presidential press secretary said, noting that he refers to "facts." According to Peskov, there are "certain confirmations" that will be made available to the public, "if the law enforcement authorities deem it necessary."
On Sunday, March 26, mass protests against corruption organized by supporters of Alexey Navalny were held in Moscow and several other cities of Russia. The protestors demanded that the authorities respond to the investigation of the Anti-Corruption Foundation (FBK) against Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev "He is not Dimon".
According to official data, 7-8 thousand people joined the protests in the capital. According to the FBK, the total number of protesters reached 25-30 thousand in Moscow and at least 150 thousand in the whole country. Eyewitnesses calculated that at least 15 thousand people came out to the streets in the capital. According to the portal OVD-Info, in Moscow, the police detained more than 1 thousand participants of the rally.
The RBC correspondents noted that a lot of minors took part in the protests, the number of schoolchildren detained at the rally proves this fact. One of the participants in the rally confirmed to RBC that the entire class had joined the rally: "Today, there are a lot of schoolchildren, we agreed to go out [to the rally] in social networks".
The anti-corruption protest organized by the supporters of Navalny, was not agreed with the Moscow authorities. Navalny filed an application for a rally on Tverskaya Street, but the authorities of the capital rejected it and did not offer an alternative option immediately. Navalny with reference to the Constitution announced the rally legal.
According to him, this is a "standard practice", in the event that a rally in any place is impossible for some reason, the authorities send a notice, but they do not offer an alternative place. Navalny noted that "this is completely illegal," and with reference to the decision of the Constitutional Court stated that in this case the rally is considered agreed. He also promised to help all detainees with complaints to the ECHR.
"If they detain you, you will also earn money. You know, I got all my detentions to the ECHR. And now, the Government pays me large sums for everything," Navalny wrote.
Later, however, the authorities offered to hold a rally in the Hyde Park in Sokolniki or Pererva Street in Marino. Navalny again expressed his intention to hold a rally in the center of the city, noting that the city authorities had already violated the law "without having offered the site on time". At the same time, he suggested that those who came to Tverskaya to "walk" along the street, coming out of any metro station.
President's press secretary Dmitry Peskov called the calls of Navalny to join the action "provocation." "These are illegal appeals, and this is actually nothing more than a provocation," he said. The MIA also warned of the possible negative consequences for the participants of the uncoordinated rally. MIA Deputy Minister Alexander Gorovoy said that "authorities and law enforcement agencies are not responsible for the any possible negative consequences" if the event is not agreed.