FSB General commented on series of Putin's route false mining
False reports of explosive devices in the course of the motorcade of Russian President Vladimir Putin are explained by an attempt to ‘swing’ the situation before the elections, First Deputy Head of the international committee of the Council of Federation FSB General Vladimir Dzhabarov told RIA Novosti on Saturday.
Earlier, Dmitry Peskov, the presidential press secretary, announced that 60 false calls have been received on Friday; callers reported on 50 explosive devices planted along the way of the presidential motorcade and objects near the places that the President was supposed to visit in St.Petersburg. Peskov added "they did it from abroad."
"These are links of one chain - telephone terrorism, an attempt to swing the situation in the country before the elections, to stir up moods in society, but the effect of these actions will be reversed," Dzhabarov is sure.
The parliamentarian stressed that the State Duma is already discussing the legislative initiative to tighten the liability for telephone terrorists. "Criminal cases are initiated, an investigation of these facts is ongoing, springs are often found abroad," he said.
According to Dzhabarov, security services, law enforcement agencies monitor the situation. Any reports that may pose a threat to the Head of state should be investigated by the presidential security service, the parliamentarian said.
He noted, "Telephone terrorism, all the false reports about the bombs planted interfere with the life of the country, the peaceful life of our citizens."
The wave of telephone terrorism began in Russia on September 11. For two months since the beginning of mass calls about allegedly planted bombs in 186 cities of the country, more than 2.3 million people have been evacuated, more than a quarter of a million people - only in Moscow. There were no bombs planted. According to the Moscow department of the Federal Security Service, a wave of anonymous calls covered 75 out of 85 regions of Russia. About 600 such reports were in Moscow, and almost 100 in Moscow region. According to the FSB, only in Moscow the damage from the mining is amounted to 150 million rubles ($2.5m).
The next presidential election in Russia will be held in March 2018, the election campaign should start in December 2017.
Billionaire Viktor Vekselberg has repaid loans in the amount of $1 billion taken from the Western banks. Earlier, his Renova Group had received state support from Promsvyazbank. Renova representatives say they have repaid the loan with the company’s own funds.
Federation Council member Vadim Nikolaev whose son had gotten into a fight strongly suggested that the other kids and their parents dropped beating charges, making it clear that he had already been to prosecutors and the ICR and “gotten it all dealt with.”
The businessman agreed to exchange the assets of Liwet Holding, through which Vekselberg’s company owned the shares of high-tech European concerns, for the assets of his partners Evgeny Olkhovik and Vladimir Kremer.