End of Kamchatka Chikatilo

End of Kamchatka Chikatilo

Vladimir Tushinsky, who got a life sentence for the murder of girls looking like his stepdaughter whom he raped a few years before she escaped, was found dead in his cell at the detention center of Khabarovsk where he was transferred before being sent to a colony of strict regime.

Tushinsky was sentenced by the Kamchatka Regional Court to life imprisonment in the high-security penal colony in February 2016. The investigation, the materials of which consist of 70 volumes, lasted for half a year.

The criminal was arrested due to the accidental DVR car camera only after the fifth murder, the victim of which was the 20-year-old Irina Khodos.

Before her, the murderer, who used to work as a stoker in the boiler room, killed the 14-year-old girl named Ulyana Nikiforova, 11-year-old Olga Besprozvannaya, 15-year-old Natalia Moiseyeva and 16-year-old Kristina Orlova.

The reason for intense hatred of adolescent girls and a women of a certain type of appearance, according to the investigation, was Tushinsky’s abnormal sexual attraction to his adopted daughter, whom he raped regularly from 2005 to 2009, having first abused the girl, when she was 13 years old.

Then, the relatives sent Tushinsky’s stepdaughter without his knowledge to live on the mainland, which infuriated him so that he decided to take revenge on all the girls, who looked like her. He was looking for victims on streets of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky during the night, offering single girls at bus stops a lift home in his car. After the murders, Tushinsky carefully hid the victims' bodies.

The volunteers were looking for the missing girls, but none of them had been found until 2014, when in the hope of a lighter sentence the defendant himself showed the investigators the place of their burial.

The court found Tushinsky completely sane. At the time of the crimes, he was aware of his criminal activities. At the same time, after the issuance of the verdict, Tushinsky found it unfair and tried to appeal to the Supreme Court, but the Supreme Court Judicial Board on Criminal Cases left the sentence unchanged.

The Kamchatka media quoted the police report that before the examination results, the exact cause of death of the convicted person was not officially established. Previously, he has repeatedly tried to commit suicide, but the continuous monitoring under which Tushinsky was held in prison prevented him from doing that.



1 / 3