Aleksander Emelianenko released from prison on parole
The athlete was convicted of sexual assault.
Mixed martial arts fighter Aleksander Emelianenko, who was convicted of sexual assault, was released from prison on parole. This was reported by TASS source familiar with the situation.
"Today Aleksander Emelianenko is released on parole from prison," - he said.
Emelianenko's lawyer Kakhaber Dolbadze said that his client has not been yet released, but the court of the Voronezh region ruled in their favor.
"Now he is in Boriso-Glebskaya colony in the Voronezh region and feels well," - he added.
On May 19, 2015 the Simonovsky Court in Moscow sentenced Emelianenko to 4.5 years in prison and a fine of 50 thousand rubles. He was convicted of sexual assault and theft of victim's passport. The court terminated proceedings against Emelianenko on charges of inducement in drug consumption because the state prosecution had refused this accusation before.
The lawyer of the victim, Alexander Karabanov, confirmed TASS that Emelianenko must already be at large on Thursday. "Procedure is on the way, he should be released today," - he said.
"I hope he learned right lessons from the difficult situation, he has revised his views on standards of conduct in society. And like a real champion, he will rise after a knockout. Today he should be released on parole, and I wish him to throw out his incredible power only on the sports ring, praising the strength of character and Russian sports,"- Karabanov wrote on his Facebook page.
The Moscow Azeri community has been put on alert. Two businessmen running business at the Food City mall on the Kaluzhskoe Highway have been forced to pay to unidentified extortionists. Nadir Salifov aka Guli had previously asserted claims on the mall.
Former Head of Russian Post Samara office Artur Igrushkin, who had forced his employees to build a country house for him and who was dismissed due to loss of trust, is now a defendant in another criminal case.