27 Victims of Terrorist Attack at Domodedovo Withdraw Claims to Airport Administration
Deputy Prosecutor General Vladimir Malinovsky demanded for the fourth time from the Head of the Russian Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin to drop criminal charges.
The victims of the terrorist attack at the Domodedovo airport in 2011 received compensations from the Aviatsionny charity fund and withdrew their claims to the Investigation Committee. Their legal representative Igor Trunov said that 27 victims renounced their claims to the leadership of the airport, RIA Novosti reported. Additionally, another 33 people are ready to do the same thing as soon as they get the promised payment.
The only victim, who filed a lawsuit in Strasbourg Court, Elena Krivolutskaya, will soon also withdraw her lawsuit, Trunov noted.
To date, the charity fund transferred compensation to the accounts of 54 victims, with more than 100 people applying for it in total. The amount of compensation has not been disclosed, but according to the defense, it ranges from 50 million to 700 million rubles per person.
As a reminder, all of this still does not dismiss the charges brought against the airport owner Dmitry Kamenschik and three other top managers. They are accused of providing services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in death of two or more persons (art. 238 para. 3 of the Russian Criminal Code).
The investigators claimed that the airport authorities did not carry out a detailed inspection of all visitors to the terminal building, and this allowed a suicide bomber to sneak inside. He brought an explosive device with him and activated it. As a result, 37 people were killed, 172 injured. At that time, no one decided to compensate the damage done to the victims of the terrorist attack. At first, Russian Investigative Committee initiated criminal proceedings, but later stopped it. However, in 2015 the case was launched again. It is noteworthy that the General Prosecutor's Office does not support the investigators and demands to stop prosecution of the airport management.
Deputy Prosecutor General Vladimir Malinovsky demanded for the fourth time from the Head of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin to drop criminal charges. In the appeal, he stated that there was no evidence of the crime stipulated by art. 238 of the Criminal Code in the actions of the airport administration. However, the Investigative Committee continues to ignore the requests of the supervisory authority. Malinovsky has repeatedly demanded to drop the charges and sent letters to Bastrykin on February 9, 24 and 29. In March, he even threatened to go to court.
The defendants’ lawyers also point out that at the time when the crime was committed, there were no such laws, which obliged the airport management to carry out total inspection of all airport visitors.
When investigators began to collect documents for the arrest of the airport property to secure the payment of compensation to the victims, Dmitry Kamenschik agreed to establish a charity fund and signed a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs. From a legal point of view though, this money cannot be considered as compensation. Experts believe that this situation was an attempt to take over the private airport, which resulted in another confrontation between the two law enforcement agencies.
Windows and glass doors of the educational institution were broken. Many students tried to escape through windows. The Polytechnic College doorkeeper said that it took the ambulance very long to arrive.
Shortly before the attack on his college, Roslyakov purchased an inexpensive Turkish rifle - Khatsan ESCORT. In order to fire 70 shots from this riffle, the murderer - as it had been calculated earlier - had had to shoot non-stop or had accomplices, experts believe.