22 students want to change school after Kerch attack
The authorities of the republic have promised to assist the students.
22 students of the Kerch Polytechnic College said they would like to transfer to other educational institutions of the Crimea after a gunman shot 20 and injured 50 on October 17. The head of the republic, Sergei Aksyonov, told the press about this after he had visited the first classes today and talked to the students.
“22 families out of 900 said they would like to transfer to other educational institutions. We are going to help everyone; we don’t want to force them to stay. We are going to meet everyone halfway, ”said Sergey Aksyonov.
Earlier it was reported that classes had been resumed for the college on Tuesday, October 23. The students were told what changes have been introduced to their schedule and how the security measures have been strengthened.
On October 17, a fourth-year student, Vladislav Roslyakov, staged a massacre at the school, blowing up the college cafeteria and shooting everyone he saw.
20 people were killed, another 50 got injuries. The shooter killed himself.
Preliminary hearings of the case pertaining to embezzlements committed during the construction of notorious Zenit Arena haven’t commenced yet – but the trial of Marat Oganesyan already ceased to be monotonous. The former Deputy Head of the St. Petersburg Municipal Administration has directly hinted at the involvement of his successor – current Vice Governor Albin – in the embezzlement of billions of rubles.