General solitaire: how Anatoly Yakunin got to Ministry of Internal Affairs to his old opponent
Shift of Generals among executives of the Ministry of Internal Affairs after the resignation of the Capital Police Head Anatoly Yakunin continues.
Hard days are coming for recently promoted from the Metropolitan police to the Central apparatus of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Anatoly Yakunin. Ironically, the General Arkady Gostev, with whom he had very difficult relationship in the General Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow, became his curator on service now. Gostev once fell a victim of a hardware intrigue in the capital police, which is attributed to Yakunin. Shifts are also carried out in the Moscow Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: the Acting Police Head, the Deputy Head of the General Administration is appointed the Major General Sergey Solopov, who headed the infamous General Administration for Economic Security and Combatting Corruption of the MIA and then its division in Moscow. Experts believe that thus Solopov was put away from potentially dangerous direction, which is actively developed by the Federal Security Service and Investigative committee.
- Anatoly (Yakunin) has really got in trouble - the employee of the Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation told Life. - Yakunin has a bad luck. It seems that he received a pretty quite position, pensioner - Head of Operational management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. It is like paradise after vain and nervous work as a Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow.
- However, the officer regretfully added that for Bakunin, this ministerial work can turn into real hell, because his chief turned out to be deputy head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Colonel General Arkady Gostev, who supervises staff work.
According to Life, in 2012, having headed a capital central board, Anatoly Yakunin chose as the first victim in hardware war a working then as the Head of staff and the Deputy Head of the Moscow Police Arkady Gostev.
- Yakunin decided to appoint the personnel Head of the capital police, loyal person, who worked with him in the General Administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Novgorod Region, the Colonel Gennady Golikov, - the source of Life reported.
According to him, Yakunin created such conditions for Gostev so that he would decide to quit. And so it happened.
- Arkady Gostev was tired of Yakunin’s constant formal cavils on service - the source of Life who appeared the eyewitness of those events said. - But his old companion on service in the Moscow police from 80th Vladimir Kolokoltsev saved the talented staff officer Gostev. It was then, when he replaced a post of the Head of the capital Central Board under the Minister of Internal Affairs.
Thus, Arkady Gostev replaced a registration, having moved from an office on Petrovka, 38, to ministerial office on Zhitnoy Street, where he took a position of the Deputy Head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs supervising all staff activities of department including operational management.
However, many of Life's interlocutors, who are personally familiar with Arkady Gostev, consider that the General, most likely, is not going revenge his former chief.
- Arkady Aleksandrovich (Gostev) is not such a person. He is a very decent, intelligent man who can stoop to such pettiness as a settling of accounts. And the Minister as it seems to me, thought out everything before the Yakunin’s appointment by Gostev’s subordinate and maybe even discussed this personnel decision with Arkady Aleksandrovich - Life's source assumed.
How will Yakunin’s service work, nobody can assume so far.
- Maybe, Yakunin will have a rest in the chair of the Head of this administration, as did his predecessor, the General Vyacheslav Haustov, who the other day was dismissed by the presidential decree of Vladimir Putin in connection with a length of service - one of the staff of the Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs argues. - Or maybe, his work will be harder than in the capital central board.
Work of the Head of Operational administration of the Ministry of Internal Affairs is considered not the most nervous in central office.
- This administration supervises work of control rooms of the regional Administrations of Internal Affairs and Offices of Internal Affairs and divisions of the police in Closed Administrative Territorial Units. Collect reports, travel around different cities with checks, it’s a resort, not a work, - one of the MIA officers told Life.
At the same time, staff movements are carried out also in a capital Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The Acting Head of the police, the Deputy Head of the General Administration is appointed the Major General Sergey Solopov, who since 2015 headed the Administration for Economic Security and Combatting Corruption of the MIA.
According to Life, this appointment is a good opportunity for the General Sergey Solopov to remain in system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Solopov is a longtime good friend of the Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev and new Head of a capital Central Board Anatoly Baranov, therefore they decided to move him away from potentially dangerous area of work, – the Life’s source in the Ministry of Internal Affairs told.
According to him, after fifteen years of service at operational positions in divisions on fight against the organized crime and an economic safety in a capital central board in 2011 Sergey Solopov left for a work in the Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. He took a post of the Deputy Head of the General Administration for Economic Security and Combatting Corruption, which was headed then by the General Denis Sugrobov.
- Sugrobov, who fell under investigation in 2014 over organization of criminal society, was arrested and dismissed and Sergey Solopov took his post. The Interior Minister Vladimir Kolokoltsev was confident in his honesty and integrity because he served together with him in divisions on fight against organized crime, -Life's source claimed.
According to him, after Sugrobov's arrest, staff of FSB and Investigative Committee, who were developing the Case of the General Administration for Economic Security and Combatting Corruption suspected general Solopov of participation in doubtful affairs.
- Kolokoltsev transferred him to a position of the Head of the Moscow Administration for Economic Security and Combatting Corruption to remove the Major general from under the suspicion of the security officers. However, Solopov’s transfer to Moscow did not dispel doubts of officers of the FSB Department M that the General maybe a corrupt official. Therefore, Oleg Baranov also appointed Solopov to a post of the Moscow police Head, to finally remove him from under possible interest of security officers - explains the source.
According to Sergey Solopov's colleagues, there will hardly be any reasons for suspicions on the general’s new position.
Life did not success in obtaining official comment about the staff movements in a capital Central Board of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Corruption is overwhelming in the Republic of Bashkortostan. It infiltrates all branches of power. The recent arrests in the Bashkir Prosecutor’s Office clearly show that justice can be bought and sold there, while the verdict of Themis depends only on the purse size. All powerful officials and businessmen in the republic know how much it costs to institute or dismiss a case. After the replacement of the regional head, the Federal Security Service (FSB) of the Russian Federation has found out that not only the supreme authorities of the Republican Prosecutor’s Office are involved in the corruption scheme – but judges and high-ranked police commanders as well. What officials have sullied their reputation with bribe-taking and are going to fall victims to yet another sweeping purge? What are millions of rubles paid for? What is the true scale of corruption in the region – champion among national republics by that parameter?