Advisor to head of Rosturizm denies his detention
According to Evgeny Kudelya, advisor to Head of the Federal Tourism Agency Oleg Safonov, the information about his detention as a result of an administrative offense, which has previously been circulated in the press, is false.
However, advisor to Head of the Federal Tourism Agency confirmed that the FSB and ICR have conducted searches in his office.
Evgeny Kudelya said that law enforcers acted illegally during the search of his office on February 14. They were looking for documents related to the activities of commercial organizations in the period from 2012 to 2013. During that period, Kudelya was Minister of Resorts and Tourism in the Krasnodar region. According to him, during the search one of the security officials decided to take action, which violated Kudelya’s rights. The latter immediately pointed this out to the operative. Evgeny Kudelya never told about the subsequent events, but the following day, the press reported that an administrative report had been drawn up against him. On top of that, he did not show up for work the next day.
The former minister pointed to the illegal actions of the security forces during the search, but did not specify why this type of documents had been searched for in his office and refused to comment on his relationship with commercial entities.
According to lawyer Sergey Torbin, who represents the interests of Evgeny Kudelya, the investigative authorities had no reason to believe that advisor to Head of the Federal Tourism Agency had any documents related to the events of 2012-2013 in his office. At the same time, Sergey Torbin has not specified whether a criminal case had been initiated against his client.
First, 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev tried to set fire to the Severny shopping center, then he began to attack the visitors with an ax and a knife, and later, after running outside, he stabbed random people in the street. Four out of the seven wounded are severely injured.
The woman said she has remained silent because she was afraid she and her daughter might have been killed. However, she decided to give the information away after the investigator who investigated the murder mysteriously died.
The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, which had previously approved an indictment in a high-profile bootlegging case against billionaire and Forum St Petersburg Group of Companies CEO Dmitry Mikhalchenko, is now demanding the Russian Supreme Court to change the initial jurisdiction.