Staff of Russian Railways Saratov branch suspected of swindling
The Saratov Suburban Passenger Company (Saratov PPK) had entered into a multimillion-dollar contract with the law firm, which did not actually provide required services
The MIA Investigative Department for Transport has conducted searches in the building of the Privolzhskaya Railway (Russian Railways branch) in Saratov. The inspection took place as part of a criminal investigation into swindling, Vzglyad-Info reported.
In particular, law enforcers were interested in the activities of the Saratov PPK (a joint venture of the Russian Railways and the Government in the Saratov Region). The source claims that investigators found multimillion-dollar deals between this railway company and the legal department of the Privolzhskaya Railway. At the same time, the Saratov company has their own in-house lawyers. Moreover, the investigators believe that the law firm did not actually render its services to the Saratov PPK.
Saratov PPK is financed mainly from the regional budget. As Vzglyad-Info noted, the Government in the Saratov Region had repeatedly questioned, including in court, the necessity of financing the company from the regional budget. Since 2015, the regional Arbitration Court has been considering a civil case initiated at the request of the Saratov PPK, which intends to win reimbursement from the government for carrying certain groups of passengers at reduced fare. The company claims that its losses amounted to 158.7 million rubles. The company also tried to obtain reimbursement from the government for bringing third-party lawyers to the process, as stated by the Chairman of the Committee on State Regulation of Tariffs of the Saratov Region Larisa Novikova.
Since 2011, the Saratov Suburban Passenger Company JSC has been the main rail carrier for the suburban traffic in the region. The Russian Railways own 51% of the company, the remaining 49% belong to the Government in the Saratov region.
Zaur Dadaev, who is imprisoned for the murder of politician Boris Nemtsov, may soon be put in stricter conditions of detention. Being sent for any, sometimes contrived violations of the regime in a punitive confinement (SHIZO), Dadaev is being forced to pass a check on the lie detector and give evidence on the Nemtsov case.
The video showing prisoner being tortured by officers of the Yaroslavl correctional camp No. 1 (IK-1), which was published on July 20, caused a public outcry and the initiation of a criminal case by the Investigative Committee. However, a year ago, an ICR officer found no exceeding of official powers in the video, thus justifying the torture.
A large-scale purge of thieves in law, which started shortly after Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan’s coming to power, continues in Armenia. After receiving threats of arrests, thieves were taken in custody for carrying weapons and drugs.
However, the thief, who is currently dividing the spheres of influence in Ukraine’s Odessa region with Antimoz Kukhilava through his representatives, has been sentenced in absentia. Mindiya Goradze is not in Georgia at the moment.