Vor Gela Tbilissky dodges from deportation to Georgia in Ukrainian "mental hospital"

Vor Gela Tbilissky dodges from deportation to Georgia in Ukrainian "mental hospital"
Gela Dzhodzhua

Within 3 years, Gela Tbilissky was detained three times and expelled from Ukraine, but after a while he returned again.

The 53-year-old Georgian thief in law, Gela Dzhodzhua (Gela Tbilissky), who has been at the station for foreigners and stateless persons in Chernigov for almost 1.5 years, ended up in the city psychiatric hospital.

The first deputy head of the National Police of Ukraine, Vyacheslav Abroskin, reported this on his Facebook page, noting that Gela Tbilissky was simulating a mental disorder.

According to Abroskin, the thief in law, who has been in Chernihiv Station for Temporary Stay of Foreigners since his last arrest in Kiev in September 2017, begins to “get sick” each time the talk starts about returning to his historic homeland, Georgia, known for its severe legislation in relation to thieves in law and members of the thieves' community. Thus, titled thieves in law in Georgia face from 9 to 15 years in prison, and belonging to the thieves' world is punishable by imprisonment for a term of 7 to 10 years.


A native of Tbilisi, Gela Dzhodzhua was "crowned" in 1996. In Russia, the thief in law was twice convicted for illegal possession of drugs. After serving a second term, he was released from prison in April 2012. He was not wanted for grave and especially grave articles of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.

In 2015, Ukraine had already deported Gela Dzhodzhua to Georgia after he arrived in Nikolaev in order to establish links with local criminals. However, in an unknown way, he managed to avoid responsibility at home and return to Ukraine.

In 2017, the Ukrainian security forces detained Gela Tbilissky twice. For the first time, the crime boss was detained and expelled from the country with a 3-year ban on entry in April 2017, but he managed to re-enter the territory of Ukraine with false documents and return to his criminal business. It is known that in the period from the spring of 2016 until the arrest, Dzhodzhua "supervised" several groups of car thieves who were involved in thefts from cars and car thefts in Kyiv, Nikolaev, and Kherson. According to the Ukrainian police, the crime boss organized criminal "gatherings", acted as an intermediary between thieves in law and other representatives of the criminal world. After his arrest in September 2017, Gela Dzhodzhua is in the Chernigov temporary detention center.



1 / 3