High-profile case of Shakro closed: Accusations to be presented to Russian crime lord
The investigation into the case of thief in law Zakhar Kalashov is completed. Until mid-May final charges will be brought against its defendants, after which they will be acquainted with the materials of the case, numbering 27 volumes.
Investigators of the Main Investigations Directorate of the Main Directorate of the Interior Ministry in the capital completed the main activities within the framework of the investigation into the criminal case on extortion, whose main defendants is thief in law Zakhar Kalashov. All necessary examinations and interrogations on this case have been fulfilled, a source in law enforcement agencies told Rosbalt.
Accusations in the final version will be presented to Kalashov and his accomplices in the period from May 16 to 20. Shortly after this the materials of the criminal case will be introduced to the accused.
The source noted that in Lefortovo detention center, where Kalashov and other persons involved in the high-profile case on extortion are being kept, an office was already ‘booked’, where the thief №1 was to read the papers of the criminal case.
As the investigator of the Main Investigations Directorate of the Ministry of the Interior said earlier at the court session on prolonging the measure of restraint for Kalashov and his accomplices, there are at least 27 volumes in the criminal case. Besides, a month earlier criminal cases on bribe-taking from Shakro Molodoy by high-ranking officers of the Investigative Committee Denis Nikandrov, Mikhail Maksimenko and Alexander Lamonov were separated into different proceedings.
According to the materials of the case of Shakro Molodoy and his accomplices, cited by Rosbalt, thief in law Zakhar Kalashov, his accomplice, criminal authority Andrey Kochuykov nicknamed Italianets and a group of individuals had intent on illegally taking possession of another person’s property. The accused acted "out of mercenary motives as part of an organized group for the purpose of profit".
With this purpose on December 14, 2015 the accomplices of Kalashov, being in Elements restaurant in Rochdelskaya Street in Moscow during negotiations between the owner of the restaurant, Zhanna Kim, and her business partner, Fatima Misikova, put forward illegal demands to the owner of Elements for the transfer of 8 million rubles ($140 thousand), which, according to them, Kim was due to Misikova, to Andrey Kochuykov, Eduard Romanov and unidentified persons, the materials of the criminal case state. The case also features that Italianets and his accomplices threatened Kim and her family members with physical violence.
The further development of events is widely known. Lawyer of Kim Eduard Budantsev along with the employees of his law firm Dictatorship of Law arrived at the site. Negotiations between the parties quickly evolved into a conflict, and then into a fight that ended in a shootout, during which two people were killed and several others were injured.
The shooting in Rochdelskaya in late 2015 was the reason for a number of criminal cases against almost two dozen people. Although the court released Eduard Budantsev, who shot two people from the combat weapon, under a written undertaking not to leave the place, most of the defendants are in Lefortovo detention center, where they were gathered in February. The arrested feature the vice-president of the Union of Russian Airborne Troops and former Moscow region official Batyr Bekmuradov, who, according to the investigation, is actually in charge of private security company Zashchitnik (Defender), guarding thief in law Kalashov. Like him, the rest of the company’s employees – his deputy and former Federal Security Guard Service employee Alexander Golubev, as well as guards Vadim Prokhorov, Zelimkhan Patiev, Alexey Maksimov and Yan Sorokin – were arrested last year in the case of extortion of 10 million rubles ($175 thousand) from the businessman.
Kalashov's right hand, Italianets is also in Lefortovo along with Nikolay Nikolaev, Eduard Romanov and contractors Gerson Gamidov and Saveliy Ganovichev. Evgeny Surzhikov, former colonel of the Interior Ministry's Main Directorate for Combatting Organized Crime, who was in Rochdelskaya as the senior guard of Italianets, but who did not take direct part in the brawl, is also in the same jail.
As The CrimeRussia has reported, this may be due to the fact that in relation to Shakro Molodoy the Investigation Department of the FSB instituted a case under a rare for Russian judicial practice article – part 4 of Art. 210 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, which provides for punishment for "organizing a criminal community by a person occupying the highest position in the criminal hierarchy". It was reported about the possible initiation of a new criminal case against him on the seizure of Golden Palace casino and Kristall in the 1990s. In late April sources close to the investigation reported that Zakhary Kalashov might also be involved in the organization of the murder of businessman Dzhambulat Shamil-ogly last year, who controlled the Moscow green market. Previously, Rovshan Lenkoransky, shot by killers in August 2016 in Istanbul, was suspected of organizing this crime.
Designer Fatima Misikova and another person involved in the criminal case on extortion, whose name is not specified, were put on the federal wanted list.
Lieutenant General Oleg Troshin announced he is going to retire in May 2018. He is doing it following a decision taken a year ago – not due to non-existent issues with the agency reported by some local media outlets.
A serious and not at all political clash of interests is taking place at the Russian Federation Council. Kamchatka senators Valery Ponomarev and Boris Nevzorov are failing at deciding how to divide the Kamchatka water resources; both men make millions of dollars off of them every year.