Ulyukaev refuses to participate in consideration of complaint on house arrest
The ex-Minister told the court that he okay if the suit was considered in his absence.
The former Head of the Ministry of Economic Development, Alexey Ulyukaev, who is accused of taking a bribe of $2 million, refused to participate in the court session, in which his complaint about the extension of the term of his house arrest will be considered, RIA Novosti reports referring to the press service of the Moscow City Court.
“The court received a written refusal from Ulyukayev to participate in the meeting to consider his complaint about the extension of his house arrest. In it, Ulyukaev agrees that the complaint should be examined without his participation, but with the participation of his lawyers," said the representative of the court.
The court session will take place on August 30. The investigation requested the extension of the arrest until January 27, 2018.
The former Head of the Ministry of Economic Development, Alexey Ulyukaev, is charged with Bribe-Taking on an especially large scale (part 6 of Art. 290 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). The former Minister categorically denies his guilt, calling Sechin a provocateur. According to the defendant, the FSB officers also participated in the provocation, as well as the then chief of the security service of Rosneft and former deputy head of the FSB's internal security department Oleg Feoktistov.
It is to be recalled that previously, the CrimeRussia reported that the vice-president of Rosneft and head of security at the time of Alexey Ulyukaev’s detention were personally engaged in planning an operation to detain the Head of the Ministry of Economic Development red-handed.
Lieutenant General Oleg Troshin announced he is going to retire in May 2018. He is doing it following a decision taken a year ago – not due to non-existent issues with the agency reported by some local media outlets.