Top-manager of Rosneft testified against Ulyukaev
According to him, the Ministry of Economic Development, initially impeding the acquisition of Bashneft shares, suddenly changed its position last September.
The Zamoskvoretsky Court of Moscow questioned director of the department for investor relations of Rosneft Andrey on the case of former Minister of Economic Development Alexey Ulyukaev today. As RBC reports, he acted as a witness of the prosecution.
According to Baranov, the Italian bank Intesa advised the state company to buy the stake in Bashneft last summer. This would increase the cost before the privatization of the most Rosneft. At the same time, the company received the offer to participate in the purchase of part of the state-owned stake in Bashneft (the proposal was sent to all potential investors), to which the state company agreed, from the state-owned banks represented by Sberbank and VTB.
In August, the Head of the Ministry of Economic Development said that Rosneft could not participate in the privatization of Bashneft, since it was partly a state company. The objections of Rosneft and assurances that the company intends to make a deal not at the expense of state funds were not accepted.
However, already in September, according to Baranov, Ulyukayev's department changed its position and on October 12, the deal on purchase of Rosneft's 50.8% stake in Bashneft was closed.
At the same time, to the question of Ulyukaev's lawyer Timofei Gridnev about whether the state company received at least one official letter with a ban on purchasing a stake in Bashneft or demanding that the transaction be suspended, Baranov replied in the negative. But he said, statements of Ulyukaev were sufficient for such conclusions, they repeatedly appeared in the media.
The Minister, we recall, was detained on the night of November 15 last year. According to the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, he received a bribe of $2 million directly at the office of Rosneft on the Sofiyskaya Embankment. According to the investigation, Ulyukaev extorted this money just for the positive conclusion of the Ministry of Economic Development with regard to the purchase of Bashneft stake owned by the state. Head of Rosneft Igor Sechin, who allegedly "personally handed over suitcases stuffed with dollars" in the context of operational and investigative measures, was also declared as a witness at the trial.
Ulyukaev himself, who has been under house arrest all this time, does not acknowledge his guilt and calls the incident a provocation on the part of "a corrupt management and special services." The development of the operation to detain him was also attended by Oleg Feoktistov, the vice-president of Rosneft, who came to this post a month before from the FSB. Already in March this year, he returned to the service, and in August, as sources told RIA Novosti, Feoktistov retired.
It is well-known that criminals always return to the crime scene. Aleksander Stasyuk, ex-Deputy Head of Shvabe Holding, was eager to return to the company he has robbed for some 30 million rubles ($452.6 thousand). He was welcomed there with open arms and a new employment contract. Is Shvabe facing a new round of corruption scandals?