Russian Post’s CEO still not on trial for 95-million-ruble bonus
While the Prosecutor General's Office is awaiting a response from the investigators, the prosecutors and the Ministry of Communications are going to tackle the illegal payments Dmitry Strashnov received.
The Russian Investigative Committee seems to be in no hurry to open a criminal investigation regarding the illegal payments to Russian Post’s CEO Dmitry Strashnov amounting to 95 million rubles. The substantial bonus had been revealed in late November during an audit of the unitary enterprise.
Aleksander Kurennoi, the official spokesman of the Prosecutor General’s office highlighted that the agency is reluctant to start the proceedings under Art. 201 of the Criminal Code (Abuse of Authority).
"They have at least 10 days to consider the issue, but they also have the right to extend the deadline. I think, by the end of December they should decide," TASS quoted Kurennoi.
The inspection reports have been submitted to the Investigative Committee regarding two other department directors with the Ministry of Communications responsible for the bonus payment to the CEO. They should be assessed for signs of crime under Art. 293 of the Criminal Code (Neglect of Duty).
We should also mention that on December 8, prosecutors will meet with the Ministry of Communications to tackle, among other things, the bonus issue Dmitry Strashnov got.
"We have a meeting scheduled with them (the Prosecutor General’s office) on Thursday, we are going to address the concerns they voiced", said Minister of Communications Nikolay Nikiforov answering the question of whether the Ministry sent a response to the Prosecutor's office.
Russian Post’s CEO stated earlier that his 2014 bonus had been calculated in accordance with the existing rules and all the controversy surrounding its legality are simply an overreaction. Strashnov also said he was not going to renounce his 95 millions unless the Government cancels bonuses as such.
First, 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev tried to set fire to the Severny shopping center, then he began to attack the visitors with an ax and a knife, and later, after running outside, he stabbed random people in the street. Four out of the seven wounded are severely injured.
The woman said she has remained silent because she was afraid she and her daughter might have been killed. However, she decided to give the information away after the investigator who investigated the murder mysteriously died.
The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, which had previously approved an indictment in a high-profile bootlegging case against billionaire and Forum St Petersburg Group of Companies CEO Dmitry Mikhalchenko, is now demanding the Russian Supreme Court to change the initial jurisdiction.