Russian Post calls FSB raid "routine cooperation"
The press-service of the federal state unitary enterprise argues that the inspection conducted at their headquarters is not linked to Dmitry Strashnov’s bonus.
The press-service of Russian Post reported that there had been no searches in the company’s central office.
"The information regarding searches in the central office of Russian Post does not correspond to reality," a spokesperson of the state-owned company told Kommersant.
The spokesperson clarified that on December 7, "as part of routine cooperation," members of the state-owned company provided some documents at the request of law enforcement authorities. In addition, the press service claims that these documents are not associated with the bonus paid to Russian Post CEO Dmitry Strashnov.
Earlier in the day, media quoted sources telling that today the Federal Security Service (FSB) had seized documents in the central office of Russian Post in Moscow. Informants also pointed out that the seized documents were related to the issue of salaries and bonuses to Dmitry Strashnov, as well as several top-managers of the company.
Moreover, Legal.Report wrote that Russian Post was being investigated as part of a comprehensive inspection of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, initiated by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
In late November, the Prosecutor General's Office revealed that Dmitry Strashnov was paid an illegal bonus. It was established that Strashnov received a bonus of 95 million rubles in 2014. The inspection results were sent to the Investigative Committee, which is supposed to decide on the need of criminal proceedings against the head of the company under Art. 201 of the Criminal Code (Abuse of Authority). In addition, the ICR received inspection materials against two department directors at the Ministry of Communications, who decided to pay the above-mentioned bonus. This situation is to be assessed for signs of a crime under Art. 293 of the Criminal Code (Negligence).
First, 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev tried to set fire to the Severny shopping center, then he began to attack the visitors with an ax and a knife, and later, after running outside, he stabbed random people in the street. Four out of the seven wounded are severely injured.
The woman said she has remained silent because she was afraid she and her daughter might have been killed. However, she decided to give the information away after the investigator who investigated the murder mysteriously died.
The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, which had previously approved an indictment in a high-profile bootlegging case against billionaire and Forum St Petersburg Group of Companies CEO Dmitry Mikhalchenko, is now demanding the Russian Supreme Court to change the initial jurisdiction.