Rosneft head to not attend hearing of ex-Minister Ulyukaev's case again
These days, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev should visit the facility in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug, where Sechin will go.
Head of Rosneft Igor Sechin will not be able to attend the hearing on the case of former Minister Alexey Ulyukaev on November 22. This will be the third time that the top manager misses the meeting. This was told by press secretary of Rosneft Mikhail Leontiev, Kommersant reports.
According to him, these days, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev should visit the facility in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug, where Sechin will go.
"In no way, Igor Sechin can not and could not attend the hearing on November 22, because, according to the schedule of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, we are putting up him at our new facility - the Kondinskoye field, our recently acquired asset," the press service said.
Leontiev clarified that due to severe weather conditions it is impossible to "accurately determine how and when they will reach there and when they return from there."
He added, "A very large part of Igor Sechin's schedule is not exactly his schedule."
Previously, Sechin himself stated that he was ready to appear in court to testify in case the schedule coincided.
"I will strive to fully comply with the requirements of the Russian legislation, but at this stage my main task is to fulfill my functional tasks as the president of Rosneft," Sechin said.
Prior to that, Sechin did not appear in court twice, despite the subpoenas. He was summoned to court for the third time for a meeting scheduled for November 22.
RBC learned that on November 10, Rosneft suspended the work of the correspondence department (the ‘expedition’) in the main building on the Sophiskaya Embankment. Prior to this, the company's spokesman claimed that Sechin did not receive a summons for November 13. However, the Russian Post confirmed that it was delivered.
Recall, head of Rosneft is one of the key witnesses in the Alexey Ulyukaev’s case of extortion and bribery. As part of the operational-search measures, Sechin handed over $2 million to the ex-Minister for approval of the purchase of 50.08% stake in Bashneft PJSC.
Ulyukaev does not admit his guilt, insisting that a provocation was committed against him. In his opinion, the testimony of Sechin and former head of the security service of Rosneft Oleg Feoktistov is "false denunciation."