Kostroma: trial of Sergiev Posad ex-Mayor accused of extorting more than 20 million rubles from merchant begins
At the first hearing Viktor Bukin refused to admit his guilt.
The Sverdlovsk District Court of Kostroma began the trial of the former Sergiev Posad Mayor Viktor Bukin. He was charged with Bribe-Taking through an intermediary committed with extortion (part 6 of Art. 290 of the Criminal Code).
Today, at the first meeting Bukin was read out the indictment, with which the former official did not agree and did not admit guilt.
Recall that in early 2016 the former Mayor of Sergiev Posad Viktor Bukin was detained in Serbia, where he was hiding from the investigation. The ICR considers that in 2014 the official, who was the Mayor at that time, extorted more than 20 million rubles from the director of the Kostroma firm Legal Partnership Center. It is interesting that the Administration of Sergiev Posad owed money to the company. The director of a commercial company recovered from the Mayor's Office 48 million rubles for services rendered earlier through the court. However, Bukin considered this amount too money-losing and required to pay half of the amount. The Mayor put requirements forth through an intermediary, the Head of the Legal Department Sergey Klimov. In June 2015 the firm’s account was funded by the expense of the required amount and on July 10, Klimov, who was detained by security officers after receiving 6 million rubles, came to Kostroma.
On November 23 the Kostroma Court begins questioning witnesses within the framework of the Viktor Bukin’s case.
"It is planned to interview 15 witnesses," - the judge’s assistant Anna Ragulina told TASS.
Note that Sergey Klimov was convicted in June of this year. He was found guilty under part 4 of Art. 291.1 of the Criminal Code (Mediation in Bribery) and sentenced to 30 million fine. The court issued such a lenient sentence taking into account the health condition of the accused (he provided a certificate of a serious illness).
First, 19-year-old Artur Gadzhiev tried to set fire to the Severny shopping center, then he began to attack the visitors with an ax and a knife, and later, after running outside, he stabbed random people in the street. Four out of the seven wounded are severely injured.
The woman said she has remained silent because she was afraid she and her daughter might have been killed. However, she decided to give the information away after the investigator who investigated the murder mysteriously died.
The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office, which had previously approved an indictment in a high-profile bootlegging case against billionaire and Forum St Petersburg Group of Companies CEO Dmitry Mikhalchenko, is now demanding the Russian Supreme Court to change the initial jurisdiction.