Companies from Restorers’ case continue winning auctions of Ministry of Culture
After the corruption scandal, the companies do not suffer losses, and enter into new state contracts.
The companies implicated in the high-profile Restorers’ case, continue to enter into state contracts with the Ministry of Culture. The authority also is not bothered by the criminal prosecution of these construction companies’ heads.
Thus, only in the last year, JSC BaltStroy won 19 tenders worth a total of 1.9 billion rubles. BaltStroy’s subsidiary, this is how it is characterized by recruitment websites, the company Stroyfasad, signed contracts for 3.4 billion rubles. And another company called Stroykoplekt, which was also involved in the corruption case, made contracts worth 208.5 million rubles. It should be noted that the majority of contracts this year have been concluded on the eve of the March arrests.
In addition, the affiliated companies continued to work on the restoration of the Novodevichy Convent, on which a criminal case was initiated. According to the investigation, as part of its reconstruction, Stroyfasad JSC stole more than 200 million rubles. But the company continued to work on the restoration, and the total value of the contracts concluded with it in February reached 700 million rubles. However, on October 2 this year, the Ministry of Culture after all terminated the contract with the company on restoration of a number of objects of the Novodevichy Convent ensemble. According to Life, the company Tsentrrestavratsiya which represents the Ministry, unilaterally terminated the contracts with Stroyfasad due to "non-performance by the contractor of his obligations within the planned schedule."
The investigators believe that the Ministry's senior officials, led by the Deputy Minister Grigoriy Pirumov promised the CEO of BaltSroy CJSC Dmitry Sergeyev and the managing director of the company Alexander Kochenov that their unit, namely Stroyfasad, would win the tender for the restoration of the monastery. Interestingly, the officials’ promise was in force even after their arrest.
It is to be recalled that, the persons of interest in the Restorers’ case are Grigoriy Pirumov, the Director of FSUE Tsentrrestavratsiya Oleg Ivanov, the Director of the Property Management Department of the Ministry of Culture Boris Mazo and the Adviser to the CEO of the company Linnit-Consult Nikita Kolesnikov, the Director of Baltstroy Dmitry Sergeyev and its manager Alexander Kochenov, the Head of the Directorate for Construction, Reconstruction and Restoration of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation Boris Tsagaraev and the project manager of Strojkomplekt LLC Vladimir Svanbek. Several defendants partially admitted their guilt. The defendants in the case are accused of Swindling (part 4, Art. 159 of the Russian Criminal Code) of not less than 50 million rubles from the 127 million rubles allocated from the state budget for the implementation of the restoration works of the ensemble of the Novodevichy Convent. The exact amount of theft of a number of other objects of cultural heritage has not yet been determined by the investigation.
The Kremlin was told that they use Telegram for internal communications. However, if it is blocked, the staff of the Presidential Administration is ready to switch to another messenger, said Dmitry Peskov.
Deputy of Izhevsk Zakhar Milostivenko was detained the day before on suspicion of "restricting competition". Sources clarify that the case of the parliamentarian is connected with the criminal case of Alexander Soloviev, accused of multimillion bribes.